I love how fancy you can make regular cupcakes!
- You surprised Mommy this past Saturday as you climbed up on the couch to sit by her. That was a first!
- You are sleeping on your big boy nap mat at Mrs. Carla's.
- You have started getting a little scared when you hear a loud sound and aren't sure where it's coming from.
- You love toys that are vehicles...ambulance, fire engine, trains, etc. Daddy got this train set for you. You don't like to let the trains go on the track, you'd rather pick them up and hold them.
- You LOVE Elmo or Melmo as you call him.
- You love fresh strawberries! We just found out last week and you can't get enough of them!
- You created your first artwork last Thursday at Mrs. Carla's. See photo below:
Since mommy started back to work...she's really been missing you. You stay at Carla's from 7:20-3:20. Around 1:30 mommy takes her students out to recess and wishes so badly she can just run and pick you up so that you can play with them.
Happy Birthday (#17) Big Boy!Tonight, we went to our friends (The Foster's) house for dinner. You and Aiden play so well together. Here are you and him tickling each other on the couch.
I'm sure you will have many memories with your buddy, Aiden as you two grow up together!
Here is Grady's friend, Aiden and him swimming at the pool. He loves holding his breath and going under.
She is so sweet and loved her new website. Go check it out www.rosiesrecycledteenagers.blogspot.com!
We went swimming this evening after dinner and met up with our friends Jennifer and Ruby. Aiden was too tired to swim with us tonight. Grady had a great time and has even learned to blow bubbles in the water!
2 days of school down! 178 to go! :) Just kidding...my class is really sweet!
I have missed my boys tremendously (Asten has been a wonderdad for me this week!)...But it all paid off! My parents (of my students) went on and on about how cute everything looked. You know me, everything must be perfect.
The way I look at it:
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression." I am so fortunate to work for the school I do. It is located in a community with so many involved parents. I never have to worry about not getting enough supplies, etc. like some teachers do. They are wonderful and are there anytime I need anything. I feel very fortunate especially this year! I have 19 kids and all of their families came to MEET YOUR TEACHER day yesterday. I usually have 2-3 kids that don't show up for this, but they all did! Today was the first day of school and they were absolutely precious. I would love to post pictures...but confidentiality...you know. Anyway I know it will be a wonderful year.
I will post pictures of my door and outside wall...remember I did the dog theme. It is so cute. My door is covered in black fabric and I made a "collar" to go around it. I put white spots all over the door with each child's name written on them and I said "Find Your Spot in 1st Grade!" Cute, huh?