8.07.2009

I feel like I've been to a lock-in...

I'm sure you've been to a lock-in as a child, right? Do you remember how exhausted you feel right before your parents come to pick you up? That is exactly how I have felt ALL week. I went back to work a week ago today to begin getting my classroom ready for my new students. I went Saturday-Wednesday and did not leave BEFORE 11:00 each night! Wednesday I even stayed till 1:00 AM. (Not to mention I got there at 7:20 every morning)

I have missed my boys tremendously (Asten has been a wonderdad for me this week!)...But it all paid off! My parents (of my students) went on and on about how cute everything looked. You know me, everything must be perfect.

The way I look at it:
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression." I am so fortunate to work for the school I do. It is located in a community with so many involved parents. I never have to worry about not getting enough supplies, etc. like some teachers do. They are wonderful and are there anytime I need anything. I feel very fortunate especially this year! I have 19 kids and all of their families came to MEET YOUR TEACHER day yesterday. I usually have 2-3 kids that don't show up for this, but they all did! Today was the first day of school and they were absolutely precious. I would love to post pictures...but confidentiality...you know. Anyway I know it will be a wonderful year.

I will post pictures of my door and outside wall...remember I did the dog theme. It is so cute. My door is covered in black fabric and I made a "collar" to go around it. I put white spots all over the door with each child's name written on them and I said "Find Your Spot in 1st Grade!" Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment