4.24.2010

Yardsales...

It's been a while since I last blogged but we've had a sick little monkey. Last Sunday, Grady woke up with a fever and it got up to 103.4 by Sunday night. I took him to the doctor Monday and his pediatrician discovered he had a lower respiratory infection along with a level 9 (out of 10) ear infection.

So here we are again...three breathing treatments per day along with an antibiotic and we are on the road to recovery.

He doesn't mind the machine as long as he is in control of his mask. We used to have to hold him down and give him treatments, but he has gotten much better!

Last Saturday was Grady's friend Eli's birthday. We went over and had his favorite meal, spaghetti and celebrated with Gigi's cupcakes! yum! He turned 4 but Grady is bigger than him! He is such a sweet little boy.

Grady found Eli's mask.

This morning was our neighborhoods' community yardsale.

I woke Josh up at 7:45 and left Grady and daddy sleeping in bed. We hit the streets for some great buys!

A lady on the back street had some of her handmade items for sale. I got this adorable reversable tie for $8.00. It has an elastic neckband for comfort! Isn't it so cute?
The same girl made this little invention and I absolutely LOVE it!
It's for me to keep in my purse for "emergency" situations at restaurants! ha!
I even had to break it out today while we were eating lunch.

I was so excited she had the sock monkey fabric!


I found a file cabinet next door for $10.00. I needed something bigger to file our important documents in.

I found these Southern Living at Home baskets for $5.00 for the pair. I haven't decided what to do with the smaller one.

This hurricane was only $2.00! I want to get a different color candle to go inside of it, but I just couldn't pass it up!
But, this by far was the greatest purchase of the day!
Since Disney, Grady has fallen in love with Buzz Lightyear. Last week at Target, he found this same Buzz and he was $29.99! I don't want to raise him to get EVERYTHING he wants at the exact moment he wants it and thought because this was not a special occasion, we settled on a smaller, much less expensive Buzz. Once I took "Big Buzz" (as he calls it) out of his hands he proceeded to melt down and could not even catch his breath he was so upset. It really was pitiful, but he forgot about once we checked out with "little Buzz". So this morning I found "Big Buzz" for $2.00!!!!!

Grady was beside himself with excitement when I got home with his new friend. All in all, a successful day yardsaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment